Build Notes (1129) - 15 Dec 2022
- Update minor version number to 6.3.
- Change dependency analysis settings from global settings to project settings and make the default mode link time.
- Update warnings in Tools->Options->General for settings that require Understand to restart.
- Change sound defaults to off (Tools->Options->User Interface ->Alerts->Audible Alerts).
- Project overview bar chart make change so it doesn't elide labels in full-screen.
- Fix xcode project import failure to include .hpp files.
- Clicking on nodes in a comparison treemap opens a diff view. The diff view, used by both the comparison treemap and locate changed entities no longer becomes the active window on sync events.
- Fix crash when running CodeCheck on an architecture containing unresolved entities.
- Restore ability to call API draw function from scripts run through the Understand GUI.
- Move graph styling controls from Tools->Options->Graphs to the graph legend.
- Graph styles: Add metric color scale options.
- Graph styles: Allow different graphs to have different graph styles, and add a style for object references.
- Added Data Flow graphs.
- Avoid defaulting to a comparison graph variant when drawing from the API.
- Fix plugin legend display of dashed arrow style and #RRGGBBAA colors.
- Graphs allow showing comments and annotations on a per-node basis.
- Updated how clusters block child edges to match dependency graphs.
- Add a file_type() method for entities to the Perl and Python APIs.
- Changed the Python and Perl API version method (.version()) to return 'Major_version '." Minor_version '.' build number'.
- C-api: Add missing Python library RPATH entry to the C API shared library
- Refactor Rename for files moves files on disk.
- Fixed the Search Results find shortcut. Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+F) was not working in Search Results.
Language - Basic
- For Visual Basic, fixed invalid syntax error on use of an array variable in a 'for each' statement.
Language - C++ (Strict) Metrics
- Add support for the CyclomaticStrictModified metric: Logical operators (AND, OR, NOT) in conditional expressions add one (1) to the complexity for each occurrence.
- Change the mechanism for calculating cyclomatic complexity to be more consistent with the other languages
- Add missing control flow graph support for C++11 range-based for loops and Objective-C collection for-in loops.
Language - C# 11
- Support added for C# 11
Language - Web
- For Web/Typescript, fixed bug where a function defined using a 'const' set to an 'arrow function' created an unnamed function entity instead of just a function with the name given in the const declaration. This prevented call trees from following into the body of the defined function.