Understand™ version 5.1 is officially available with Build 974. This release includes all updates since February 2018 and most recently includes “under the hood” improvements that will allow our team to bring you improved performance, responsiveness, and new features. You will also find that we updated the look of Understand with fresh icons and dark mode support on Mac.
New Additions Since 5.0
- NEW Compare Graphs have been added that let you quickly visualize what has changed between two versions of a project
- The C++ strict parser now has support for many additional compilers and chip vendors
- Significantly faster to open existing projects – the resolve step is now up to twice as fast!
- NEW icons with vector graphics to improve the look on scalable displays
- Easier to share project configurations with your team
- Function Pointer Support in the C/C++ Strict Parser
- Improved look and navigation of html Reports
- Increase metric coverage for each language
- Added support for Typescript in the web languages
- Continuously improving Understand GUI and its supported language parsers. See Build Notes for more details
Behind the Scenes
- Added support for MSVC 2017 C# projects
- Windows installer significantly faster if .NET framework is already installed
- Updated the Perl version that is included with Understand to 5.28.0
- Scheduled Activities have been removed from Understand
- Updated the UI framework to Qt 5.12
- No longer supports 32 bit Linux
- No longer supports RedHat 6
Our team is currently hard at work on several projects inside of Understand that we are very excited about. As new builds are released over the coming months you will see further improvements to the interface, as well as updates to graphs, Annotations, Compare Graphs, and CodeCheck.